A 1941 newspaper reports the 'iron words' addressed by Mussolini to the soldiers who were leaving for the Russian front. In the language of the time it was 'the Duce' addressing the legions - words pinched from Roman history for rhetoric purposes.
This derelict peasant house lies in the Italian North Apennines, in a secluded area where intense partisan activities followed in 1943-1945. The area was gradually abandoned after the war. The house is still surprisingly well equipped; it somehow escaped pilferage.